Sometimes it seems like every day there’s a new social media trend blowing up the Internet. With all the hype it can be tough to figure what’s important to marketers. Here’s a look at some new developments that we think will stick around through 2016 and beyond. And if you like what we have to say, check out how we can help you get started with your own social media career.
1. Quick and easy conversions. It takes too many clicks to make a purchase. Any day now we’re going to be able to buy stuff with a tweet, which is great news for marketers — in fact, this is going to be huge.
2. Content management. With the insane growth of social media, it’s getting impossible to keep track of contacts. How can you know which relationships to cultivate when you have 700 “friends?” Look for ways to help curate contacts so you can stay in touch with the contacts that bring value.
3. Social media and streaming content. Nobody thought that Netflix and Amazon could be good at making TV shows and look at them now. We’re going to see social media platforms producing their own content as well. LinkedIn could easily create its own business-related content, or Tumblr could go after a younger audience with a series. Look for a social media platform to release its own pilot.
4. Quickie, non-fancy video content. You already know how well video works on Facebook and YouTube. It can work just as well without spending a lot of money. We’re going to see more marketers using video, even with their smartphones, to reach consumers. We’ll see marketers encourage relationships with customers by posting tips and tricks or video responses to frequently asked questions.
5. More buzzwords. We’ve seen this every year since the advent of social media — buzzwords that everybody freaks out about that don’t in the end mean a thing (remember “tipping points?”). Of course social media marketers should keep their eyes out for new technologies. But don’t let yourself get caught up in the social media version of rompers.
So, if you have a passion for Social Media and all its new trends, why not turn that passion into a career? With the Associate Degree of Applied Business in Marketing and Social Media Management you’ll be able to help businesses grow through their social media presence, or maybe even start your own! We’re waiting to help you get started. Contact us today!Continue reading