Welcome to Antonelli College!
Financial Management - Hattiesburg Campus
Pursuing an Associate’s Degree in Financial Management from Antonelli College in Hattiesburg, MS, can open the door for you to begin an entry-level career in accounting support in exciting fields such as commercial and consumer banking, accounts payable/receivable, customer service, sales and business support in the private sector, nonprofits and government organizations. You will enter the field with the professional skills you need in accounting software and principles of accountancy, along with knowledge of business management, ethics, sales, productivity software and customer service.
In as little as 16 months, you will have credentials that will make you a valuable asset in business. Not only will you have a theoretical background in financial management, but you will also have real life experience through projects and internship.
Your Duties in The Financial Management Field
As a professional in Financial Management, you will become well versed in the basics of accounting, finance and in navigating spreadsheets, as well as other financial documents. Your duties might include:
- Preparing basic financial statements
- Identifying, classifying, entering, adjusting and closing accounting transactions
- Using financial spreadsheet applications such as Excel, QuickBooks and other software
- Providing accounting and financial information to management to be used as a decision-making tool
- Communicating information about accounting findings in an understandable manner to other personnel
Other beneficial skills include:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Leadership skills
- Finesse in dealing with others
Your degree in financial management will serve you well in many situations both in and out of the financial world, as the need for bookkeeping and accounting services is universal in business. Whether you see your Associate’s Degree as the first step to obtaining a four-year degree or whether you want an education with an immediate payoff, there are many opportunities available.
Entry-level job titles, along with their salaries, might include:
- Bookkeeping, Accounting and Auditing Clerks can earn $17.51 hourly or $36,430 annual
- Billing and Account Collectors, Billing, Cost and Rate Clerks, Statement Clerks and New Accounts Clerks can earn over $16.20 hourly or over $34,000 annually.
- Tellers can earn $12.38 hourly or $25,760 annually.
- First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers can earn $24.42 hourly or $50,780 annually
With an Associate’s Degree, finding employment in the field is facilitated as it offers many jobs for candidates in fast-growing areas.
Your Course of Study
The coursework you will study at Antonelli College will introduce you to the basics of management, accounting, marketing, business law and economics. In addition, you will gain competency in business software, customer service, accounting and payroll.
|AC1104||Principles of Financial Accounting||4|
|AC1204||Principles of Managerial Accounting||4|
|AC2204||Computerized Accounting Applications||4|
|BM1104||Introduction to Business Management||4|
|BM2204||Sales, Persuasion, and Customer Service||4|
|BM2304||Human Resource Management||4|
|BM2904||Internship in Business Management||4|
|CC1104||The Freshman Experience||4|
|CC2104||Transition to Professional Practice||4|
|DL1104||Productivity Software I||4|
|DL1204||Productivity Software II||4|
|EN1104||English Composition I||4|
|Social Science Elective(s)||4|
|Natural Science Elective(s)||4|
* Restricted electives in this program are drawn from courses in Accounting (AC), Business Management (BM), Digital Literacy and Productivity (DL), Information Technology (IT), Hospitality Management (HM), Marketing (MK) or other courses relevant to the student’s career objectives by permission of the Department Chair.
Why Antonelli College, Hattiesburg Campus?
You can obtain an Associate Degree of Financial Management at the Hattiesburg, MS, campus of Antonelli College and online.
Located at 1500 N 31st Ave, Hattiesburg, MS 39402, the Hattiesburg campus is part of a school that dates back to 1947, when the Gabbard Art School was opened in Cincinnati, Ohio. Called Antonelli College since 1982, the school is dedicated to offering state-of-the-art training to students, who are taught in a small class format by professionals with experience in the subjects they teach.
For more information about the Associate in Financial Management program at the Hattiesburg campus of Antonelli College, contact us today at 877.500.4304.