Welcome to Antonelli College!
Sales Management - Jackson Campus
Pursuing an Associate’s Degree of Sales Management at Antonelli College in Jackson, MS, can open the door to entry-level sales and sales-related positions in the business to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) world. By taking sales courses that include an introduction to general business principles and a broad range of electives, you will have a basic grounding in personal selling, relationship building, persuasion, ethics, negotiations management, customer relationship management, communications, customer service, marketing and sales research.
Along with a solid core of coursework, you will also merge theory with practice through projects and an internship that offers real-world experience and networking opportunities with potential employers and clients.
In as little as 16 months, you can earn marketable credentials that will lead the way to an entry-level job in business.
Your Duties in The Sales Management Field
As a professional in Sales Management, you might expect to make customers aware of the features and benefits of various products, process sales, work with marketing and advertising and provide service for customers. In addition, you might also perform administrative duties such as reporting, inventory management, reconciling sales receipts and other job-specific duties.
Your job will require:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills to help you work with diverse customers
Having a degree in sales management can open the door to many industries which have diverse pay scales. While those with bachelor’s degrees can command higher salaries, entry-level graduates with associate’s degrees have the potential to grow in the field; and by adding to their formal education they can further this growth. Of the top 20 positions that graduates in sales management often assume, many are considered to have a bright outlook with plentiful opportunities.
Entry level job titles you might assume include:
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products can earn $26.45 hourly or $55,020 annually, while those in Technical and Scientific areas might expect $36.13 per hour or $75,140 annually
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers can earn $18.20 hourly or $37,860 annually
- Sales Engineers can earn $46.32 hourly or $96,340 annually
- Sales Representatives, Services can earn $24.84 hourly or $51,570 annually
- Advertising Sales Agents can earn $23.02 hourly or $47,890 annually
- Stock Clerks can earn $10.99 hourly, or $22,850 annually
Your Course of Study
Your course work at Antonelli College will introduce you to basics of management, sales, persuasion, customer service, communications, marketing, business law and economics. In addition, you will gain competency in business software, customer service, accounting and payroll.
Program Outline - Sales Management A.A.B.
|SL2104||Sales Planning and Execution||4|
|SL2224||Technology in Sales and Customer Management||4|
|SL2904||Internship in Sales Management||4|
|BM1104||Introduction to Business Management||4|
|BM2204||Sales, Persuasion, and Customer Service||4|
|MK1104||Introduction to Marketing||4|
|CC1104||The Freshmen Experience||4|
|CC2104||Transition to Professional Practice||4|
|DL1104||Productivity Software I||4|
|DL1204||Productivity Software II||4|
|EN1104||English Composition I||4|
|Restricted Elective(s) (SL, AC, BM, DL, IT, HM, MK)*||8|
|Social Science Elective(s)||4|
|Natural Science Elective(s)||4|
* Restricted electives in this program are drawn from courses in Sales Management (SL), Accounting (AC), Business Management (BM), Digital Literacy and Productivity (DL), Information Technology (IT), Hospitality Management (HM), Marketing (MK) or other courses relevant to the student’s career objectives by permission of the Department Chair
Why Antonelli College, Jackson Campus?
You can obtain an Associate’s Degree of Business Management at the Jackson, MS, campus of Antonelli College and Online.
Since 1996, the Jackson campus of Antonelli College has welcomed students at 2323 Lakeland Dr. Part of a proud tradition that started in 1947 when the Gabbard Art Schools opened in Cincinnati Ohio, Antonelli College, which gained its current name in 1982. Antonelli College is known for its small class sizes, state-of-the-art training and a knowledgeable faculty with extensive industry experience.
For more information about the Associate’s Degree in Sales Management program at the Jackson campus of Antonelli College, contact us today at 877.500.4304.